Do you experience any of the symptoms of TMJ Disorder?
- Clicking, popping, or grating sounds when opening or closing your mouth
- Lock jaw in the open or closed position
- Painful, tender jaw
- Facial pain
- Swelling on the side of the face
- Difficulty and pain when chewing solid foods
- Frequent headaches
- Chronic earaches
- Back, neck, and shoulder pain
Physical therapy treatment for TMJ Disorders is aimed at relaxing muscles, improving posture, and relieving jaw pain. Our Physical Therapists at Fast Track will obtain a thorough medical history including any surgical procedures, followed by performing an evaluation of the TMJ. Treatment may include any combination of manual therapy, modalities, and exercises.